Saturday 21 May 2016

Protective Hairstyle: Marley Twists



This was my first time trying Marley Braids. It was a huge change for me but I ended up really liking it. I was 4 months post relaxer at the time and in great need of a protective yet cool hairstyle. It was Carnival time in Trinidad and I wanted to look anything but basic. So I had my friends vote between black and burgundy braids, and well, we can obviously see the clear winner.



Initially, I intended to do box braids, however, there were no stores selling the colour in X-pression Braid Synthetic Hair. I ended up finding the brand Janet Noir Afro Twist Braid in the colour, BURG. It is Synthetic Kankelon hair with a human hair feel. I used 6 packs to complete my entire head. 



This was a great protective style that lasted 2 months. I did wash and condition my hair whilst in the style, and moisturized using a spray bottle. On the take down, I was pleased to notice that my hair was quite soft and well moisturized. I did however experience a great deal of shedding but that was due to the lengthy time with the style.

No comments:

Post a Comment