Friday 27 May 2016

PRODUCT REVIEW: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Treatment Masque

       

          Ok, can I just start by saying Shea Moisture takes the award for longest product names ever? Like seriously, I got tired just from typing the title. I discovered the Shea Moisture JBCO Strengthen, Grow & Restore Treatment Masque from the lifestyle and hair vlogger, Charisse Christine. The product was featured in a video entitled "Charisse's Relaxed Hair Must-Haves". I loved how healthy and strong her relaxed hair looked so I was convinced I needed that product in my regimen. It was the first purchase I had ever made from the Shea Moisture brand. Shea Moisture, being a brand associated with natural hair, claims that this JBCO Strengthen, Grow & Restore line is also suitable for chemically processed, colour treated and heat styled hair. The masque specifically contains Shea Butter, Peppermint and Keratin which each aids in the strengthening, growth and restoration of hair follicles. I have very few complaints about this product. As a matter of fact, I quite like it as you'll soon discover.

     Cons     


          Shea Moisture's Strengthen, Grow & Restore masque does contain proteins; namely Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein and Hydrolyzed Keratin; one of which is in the first ten list of ingredients. Because my hair is so sensitive to protein, I found it best not to use this product every week. When I used it once a week for a month, my hair became quite stringy and sticky on the third week's washing. Thus, I use it every other week or once a month in alternation with a moisturizing conditioner. There is also the concern of Shea Moisture's high prices. This product undoubtedly falls into the pricey category. However, it is totally worth the price if you're willing to spend the money.


     Pros     


          Now we've reached the part where I'd like to fast forward to the end. And I mean that in the best way possible. Every draft I've written thus far just sounds so redundant. What I'm really trying to say is, This Product Actually Produces Every Benefit It Claims! Let's make a checklist:

  • replenish moisture and soften while strengthening hair? Yes!
  • helps promote hair growth by supporting hair's elasticity? Yes!!
  • reduces the appearance of breakage? Oh yes!
  • and Shedding? Yesss!
  • stimulates the scalp for an invigorating experience? Ohh yes!
  • leaves hair soft, manageable and shiny? Uhmm, how do you say.... YES!

It's all there already. I literally could not state it any better. I have experienced every single benefit stated by this product and I'm totally satisfied with it. It has improved the health of my hair by a ten-fold. The Shea Moisture JBCO Treatment Masque is hands down one of the best deep conditioners to ever grace my hair. In terms of its deep treatment qualities, it works well with and without heat. For those with low porosity hair, however, it is recommended to use heat. Otherwise, it can be left on the hair for up to an hour and equal results should be noticed.

As previously mentioned, the price of this product is high. On the plus side, however, one container lasts a very long time. I've had my treatment masque for about a year so far and its just now finishing. A little (or even a lot) definitely goes a long way with this conditioner. The cool thing about it is that, even after heavily scooping it out, by the following use it magically appears to have an even surface. It makes you feel like the product is never ending. Quite frankly, it might as well be, given the length of time it lasts. It also has an amazing scent. And you know I'm hard to please when it comes to scents. I would describe it as a warm, custard-like scent. It definitely smells edible (but in a good way). The scent even lasts long after you've dried and styled your hair. I almost fall in love with my hair every time I catch a whiff of it.

I am incredibly pleased with this deep treatment masque from Shea Moisture. I'm also encouraged to try other products from their Jamaican Black Castor Oil line. My hair responds very well to this Strengthen, Grow & Restore masque. I definitely look forward to a long, healthy hair journey with Shea Moisture.

Til Next Time. Xoxo, Shanz


Also see: PRODUCT REVIEW: Shea Moisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Styling Milk http://letshairthis.blogspot.com/2016/06/product-review-shea-moisture-yucca.html

4 comments:

  1. great review!! I love the shea moisture brand but never heard of this one. I have all these hair issues and I always feel like whatever I try don't work. I guess it's because I Know you that I trust your review more idk lol. But I'm definitely thinking of trying this now!

    Thx Shan! :)


    Jeebs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blogs. They're very informative and I love the fact that someone from the Caribbean are doing reviews on these products. Thanks Shannon. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this informative post, nowadays everyone wants to look beautiful because beauty is symbol of Confidence. If you feel inner confidence you are able to stand in front of anyone and can respond with confidence. We are also serving for the Best salon services .We are providing best salon packages salon in sanath nagar for women at very reasonable and affordable prices and further more salon in sanath nagar for women .

    ReplyDelete